Hardship Grants

Financial assistance will usually be given in one of the following forms: 

1. Grants for disability adaptation, mobility equipment, priority debts, food vouchers, clothing and household necessities.

   2. An application will be made to the Army Benevolent Fund (ABF) The Soldiers Charity, who provide such assistance.

Where to go for Help and Advice

If you need financial assistance or advice, then you should contact SSAFA or The Royal British Legion (RBL). Both organisations have a network of local branches, which means that help and advice is always close at hand. When contacting SSAFA or RBL they will put you in touch with one of their experienced advisors.

Where further assistance is required, a caseworker will be appointed who will visit you in your home or at a suitable location. Working together with the caseworker, you will need to complete a Form A; this provides some basic information about you and your current circumstances. The caseworker will then load the completed Form A onto the Case Management System (CMS). It will then become visible to the relevant Service charities, including the Military Provost Staff Association (MPSA).

Serving Association Members

Serving Association members should contact the MPS Regiment Welfare team, who will in turn utilise a SSAFA caseworker in order to provide assistance.

RHQ MPSA will respond directly to the caseworker. Please be aware that the Service charities (RHQs) involved are not able to deal directly with applicants. Please put all queries though your caseworker.  Once a case is accepted and an offer of assistance is made the other mainstream service charities may offer Almonisation, which in simple terms means that they will match the RHQ MPSA offer of assistance.

SSAFA          RBL

Contributions to Events & Activities

Any Serving or Reserve Association Member wishing to submit an application for contributions towards events, activities, adventure training or sport can do so via contributions form.

The Military Provost Staff Association is registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under company number 1078437 Military Provost Staff Association Berechurch Hall Camp MCTC Colchester CO2 9NU
Log in | Powered by White Fuse